The healthcare sector is lucrative and offers employment to millions of people around the world. However, there is always a shortage of healthcare workers and professionals. Beyond physicians, specialized doctors, and nurses, various other roles, like that of a medical assistant are extremely relevant. Medical assistants are typically employed at medical offices, outpatient surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. They are often balancing clinical and admin work, from handling patient details and managing records, to drawing blood, prepping patients for visit, and managing inventory.
So, should you choose the career of medical assistant? We have 5 solid reasons for your decision.
- Start working immediately. A surgeon probably has to study for at least a decade before their career begins, but that’s not the case with medical assistants. Courses often end in a year, and you can work immediately. If you don’t want to wait for bachelor’s degree, you can check online for medical assisting programs in Phoenix.
- Great pay. The career outlook for medical assistants has been great so far. With the current pandemic, it’s likely that the demand for these professionals will increase manifold. The pay is great, and you can expect to earn more with experience. In the US, New York pays the best salaries.
- Make a difference. Medical assistants are directly engaged in patient care, and they make a difference to the world. This is not one of those jobs where the professional is just focused on making money. Patients feel grateful for medical assistants who have worked for them.
- Because you don’t have to pay a fortune. To complete your medical assistant course, you don’t have to deal with a hefty student loan. This is among the affordable courses, and since you will start earning soon, you can even start your savings early on. The career is also flexible, so you can look for courses that allow scope for that.
- Work in a unique environment. Working for the healthcare sector means handling new challenges every day. No two days at the workplace would be the same, and if you like that kind of work profile, becoming a medical assistant is an ideal decision.
Today, medical assistants play a dominant role in the healthcare sector, and they are responsible for many things at a clinic. Of course, you always have the choice to study further and earn your bachelor’s degree, which can expand your career further.